Radiant Solutions is looking for a Web Services Software Engineer in our Ann Arbor MI area location! The position requires the candidate to maintain and add new features to a collection of java web services and backend applications deployed in an AWS environment which enables users with the ability to search, visualize and execute algorithms on satellite imagery. The candidate must be comfortable designing software in a flexible and modular fashion.
Radiant Solutions is an industry leader in earth observation remote sensing technology and image processing. We build satellite ground systems that enable users to acquire and process imagery from the most sophisticated Earth-observing satellites in the world. The selected candidates will work with collaborative teams on various technical projects associated with our core mission and will enhance their skill set by working among a talented and technically accomplished group of colleagues. Engineers enjoy a flexible work environment, where contributions are recognized and rewarded.
Radiant Solutions offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life, and short/long-term disability insurance, vacation and sick leave, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending account and tuition assistance. Radiant Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Design, develop, test and maintain RESTful web services
- Design, develop, test and maintain reusable java components
- Work with other Software Engineers to expand on existing architecture
- Troubleshoot issues in development and production environments
- Deploy new releases and patches of web services to the production environment
- Identify potential customer requirements or product improvements
- Excellent software design capabilities
- Detail oriented
- Excellent debugging abilities
- Well Experienced with RESTful web services, Tomcat, PostgreSQL
- Fluent with Java
- Experience with design patterns, Spring and Hibernate (or similar ORM)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, IT or some other related technical field
- More than 5 years experience developing software
Ideal Candidate would also have:
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science